wednesday jan 9,2012 WOD:
For time: Run 1000 meters 100 Push-ups 135 pound Snatch, 10 reps
From Camille Perkins :
Five Favorite Food Substitutions When Your Body’s Screamin for Carbs
1. I want Bread!! 2 minute recipe for Paleo bread:
Mix together in a small square tupperware: 4 T. almond flour or almond meal 1 egg 2 T. applesauce or mashed banana 1/2 tsp. baking powder dash of salt optional (but very yummy): cinnamon & stevia or pumpkin pie spice
Cook in microwave for two minutes. It will pop out of the tupperware in the shape of bread. You can eat it like this or toast it in the toaster and put butter on it.
2. Pasta!! My favorite substitutions are spaghetti squash or “Broccoli Slaw” from Trader Joe’s. For a great quick very tasty dinner, mix one of these with cooked shrimp, the green pesto that comes in a tub at Trader Joe’s in the fridge aisle, a squeeze of lemon, chopped tomato (I like to add this part cold), and parmesan cheese.
3. Afternoon treat (for the 3:00 lull). Plain Greek Yogurt mixed with a little almond butter, stevia, cinnamon, & chopped apple. Or you can slice the apple and use it like a dip. If you’re not against peanut butter (which is not paleo or primal but still low-glycemic), you can use this instead of the almond butter.
4. Milkshake! In blender or Vita-Mix (which is the best invention ever): 1 cup milk or almond milk, 1/3 frozen banana, 1 T. peanut butter or almond butter, 1 T. or so unsweetened cocoa, dash of stevia. You can add a couple tablespoons of protein powder if you like as well. (Trader Joe’s has a vanilla one that is made with stevia instead of sugar or you can order online).
...or if you want a chocolate cherry version: 1 cup almond milk or milk, 1/2 cup frozen cherries or cherry berry blend (there’s a good frozen one at Trader Joe’s), 1/3 banana (optional), 1 T. or so unsweetened cocoa, 1 T. almond butter, stevia.
5. Another favorite to subside sweet cravings. Hot tea! I know this isn’t new groundbreaking information, but hot Earl Grey Tea or whatever your favorite is, with a little cream and maybe some stevia really helps subside the cravings when they come.
Anyone care to share some of their favorite go-to's in comments?
Thanks Camille !